She is an American teen actress. Her first significant role was a lead part in the comedy film Ramona and Bezos, based on the novels written by Beverly Clearly. In 2015 she had a recurring role as young Snow White in the seventh season of the ABC fairy tale-themed drama series Once Upon a Time.
Early life of joey king
She is a famous Hollywood actress born on July 28, 1997, in Burbank, California. King had been acting in theatre since the age of four. She made her feature film debut in Clint Eastwood’s Trouble with the Curve (2012). In 2011, she was named one of Variety’s 10 Actors to Watch. She made her television debut in HBO’s True Blood (2010) and appeared in four episodes of the CBS drama NCIS (2003) as a younger version of the main character Abby Scioto.
In August 2012, King starred in Wish You Well opposite Ellen Burstyn and Mackenzie Foy, playing a young girl who reads a magic book to a bed-ridden woman. The New York Times said King “delivers a noteworthy performance.”
She had her schooling at Taft High School and graduated from there in 2015. She had started her acting career as a child artist at the age of 4 years for her first movie, The Shaggy Dog (2006). She has been getting lead roles since then.
Joey King physical appearances
She has a slim physique and weighs 55 kg’s approx. She is 5′ 3″ tall (1.60 m). King has brown hair and blue eyes. She is known for her cute appearance.
King was born in Burbank, California, to actress and producer Danyelle and actor and musician Shawn. King has four siblings: Emily (born October 2000), Jocelyn (born October 2002), Daniel (born November 2004), and Cody (born June 2006). She is a Christian.
Joey king’s age
Born on July 30, 1999, Joey King is 22 years old as of November 18, 2021.
King began acting at the age of four in commercials for “Doc McStuffins,” “Handy Manny,” and “Baby Alive.” She made her film debut opposite actress Renée Zellweger in the comedy-drama feature film Case 39 (2009). She played Emily Asher, a ten-year-old child who becomes neglected by her parents (Jeremy Sisto and Emma Thompson). The Hollywood Reporter found King an “extremely appealing little actress,” while Empire described her as a “young scene-stealer.”
In 2010 King was cast in the Disney Channel television film, Princess Protection Program, about a princess (Demi Novato) put into protective custody by a young FBI agent (King). The Hollywood Reporter found the film to be “sweet-natured.” She also appeared as Emily in Ramona and Bezos. On December 17, 2010, Variety announced that King had landed a lead role opposite Piper Parabola, Arielle Kibble, and Jason O’Mara in Clipped after auditioning with her Ramona and Bezos co-star Scott Spenser.
In January 2012, she signed on to guest star Donny’s love interest Jordan in an episode of CBS’s 3rd season of Two and a Half Men titled “Frodo’s Headshots.” In 2012, King played Posy Hawthorne in the Hallmark television movie Descendants, which became the most-watched cable broadcast in its period. On July 6, 2015, it was announced that King would guest star in an episode of Fox’s The Last Man on Earth. She played Emma Baines.
The love life of Joey king
King was dating American actor Max Carver since 2010. But the couple separated in 2014. Joey King is currently single. King has been a close friend to her Big Eyes co-star Amy Adams since they met on the set of that film.
Joey has kept most of her relationships private since she announced her engagement in March 2022. She also remained in a relationship with former costar ‘Jacob Elordi’ for one year but has sworn off dating many actors in Hollywood. When Joey and Jacob split, she started dating Steven Piet in 2019, and the couple took their romantic moments to the next level when they engaged in 2022. In a ‘Instagram post, Joey declared her fiancée as the luckiest person alive. The couple shared many love moments and hung out on social media.
Hobbies of Joey King
King is an animal lover, and she supports the charities PETA, Kids with a Cause, and The Nomad Organization. She was named one of 12 Promising New Actors of 2012 in Hollywood by Interview magazine.
Awards of Joey King
She was nominated for Young Artist Award in 2010 and 2011 at categories Best performance in a Feature Film, Leading Young Actress for her performance “Ramona and Bezos.” She also won several awards in her town Burbank, California.
Joey King’s net worth
King has an estimated net worth of $1 million. Her debut movie “Ramona and Bezos” (2010) was a hit in which she got a salary of mere $30 Lakhs. She also gets reasonable offers for her upcoming movies like “Tale of Tales,” “Long Nights Short Mornings,” etc. But it is still unknown what amount she received for these projects. Young, talented, and pretty Joey King is all set to rule Hollywood in the coming days with her excellent acting skills that will grab many awards under her bag soon enough! We wish this cute girl all the luck ahead!
Some interesting facts about joey king
- Joey King is an American child actress who made her acting debut in The Holiday (2006). She has appeared in films such as Ramona and Beezus (2010), The Conjuring (2013), and White House Down (2013).
- King was born on July 7, 1996. She is the only child of Lisa, a homemaker who had been a former fashion model for ‘The Gap’ and Rick King.
- King’s mother encouraged her to audition for television pilots, resulting in her receiving twelve bookings by age nine. Her first job was an ad for Canon, which was filmed at Nashville’s Parthenon. Instead of being paid cash, they were given boxes of fruit gummies by the craft service.
- King’s big break came when she was cast to play the role of Ramona Quimby in the made-for-TV adaptation of Beverly Cleary’s children’s book series, “Ramona and Beezus.”
- She was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her performance. Her next significant movie role was in “The Suite Life Movie,” playing London Tipton. King also guest-starred on an episode of Hannah Montana (S02E19), playing Mikayla.
- She appeared in the 2010 comedy The Shaggy Dog, alongside Tim Allen and Robert Downey Jr. Her character is Rachel Reed, daughter of Deputy Doug Penhall (Allen). The film became one of Walt Disney Pictures’ biggest box office bombs.
- She was also cast in Disney Channel’s 2010 movie “Princess Protection Program” with Demi Lovato, where she played Princess Rosalinda/Rosie Gonzalez. King beat out more than 350 girls from around the world for the role of Princess Rosalinda.
- King’s most significant break came when she was cast to play Allie Healy, one of the three lead roles in Ramona and Beezus. The film is based on Beverly Cleary’s children’s book series about Ramona Quimby and her relationships with her family and friends. King was nominated for a Young Artist Award in 2011 in the category Best Performance In A Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress for this performance.
She is an American by birth.
She was born to Lisa, a former fashion model used by the Gap, and Rick King.
She lives in the USA with her family. No other information has been given about where she stays or what else she does there!
Joey earns good money through her career as an actor and model, which seems sufficient for her personal spending needs. She has also won many awards, including Young Artist Award in 2011, after being nominated for Ramona and Bezos’s movie, the best performance in a feature film.
Joey doesn’t belong to any specific ethnicity! She is an American whose origin cannot be traced easily! However, she looks very fair with her stunning hair and eyes!